DIY carports or do it yourself carports as they are also known, are one of the best home improvement projects you can do.
They provide an excellent and cost effective way to protect your vehicles and valuable investments and can last you for many years to come.
Diy carports and a Carport kits are essentially the same in almost every way, but there are things to look for to make sure it is a true ‘do it yourself carport’ type exercise.
What makes a DIY carport
- A diy carport has to minimise the work needed to install it.
- It should be able to be done without the need for expensive specialist tools. See our articles on Tools Needed for Carport Kits for more information.
- A proper diy carport should be designed to pass the relevant building and wind codes. All our diy carport comply with these standards.
- It should also include the specific engineering documents so you don’t have to pay the considerable extra money to an engineer.
- It should have instructions and/or some technical assistance. All diy carports come with a guide, plus you can call us if you have any questions.
- Be made from quality materials that can be sourced locally and easily – we use steel and Genuine Colorbond from Bluescope Lysaght for these very reasons.
Here are 7 Benefits that you get by using diy carports by Excalibur Carports:
- Pre-Cut and Punched – the steel structure members and posts are all cut to length and hole-punched to take the connecting bolts. This saves you time, allowing you, or an installer (if you don’t want to diy), to quickly and easily build the carport.
- Engineering Included – All diy carports through Excalibur Carports include engineering drawings compliant with current standards and able to be used for Council application and approval. You won’t get caught out and you will save money, knowing your carport design is correct.
- Clever Carport Designs – Diy carport kits that have been properly designed are strong but also simple to build
- Australian Steel Supplied – We only supply genuine high tensile and Colorbond steel from Bluescope Lysaght so you know it’s made to last
- Entire range of Colorbond colours – You are not limited to just a few colours. You can choose from the full collection of genuine Colorbond colours available as well as Zincalume
- Choice of Sizes and Roof Types – Huge range of sizes and heights to suit any vehicle, whether it be a car, boat, caravan, motorhome, truck etc. You also have a choice of roof types. You also will always get the most value if you match the roof of diy carport kits to the roof of your house. That’s why we have all the main diy carport roof types including Dutch Gable, Hip Roof, Gable and Skillion Carports.
- Delivery to Your Site – There is also delivery Australia Wide to most towns and cities:
Delivery availability to major centres: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Darwin. Plus most regional areas.
When you actually do a project yourself from start to finish, it actually makes you feel great, it gives you that feeling of satisfaction because you are the one that did it.
Not all of us can, or want to, build a house. But a diy carport is a lot more do-able and well worth the experience. So if you are looking to protect your favourite car, boat, caravan, motorhome etc, why not look at buying and building a do it yourself carport. We think you’ll be glad you did.
Give us a call on 1300 011191 so we can help you with a diy carport solution for your home, or if you simply want diy carport prices, go to the Carport Quote page and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Thanks very much
Keith and Ashley