Making the job of building a diy carport easy
“Give us the tools and we will finish the job”
The words of this famous quote also ring very true when it comes to building – if you have the right tools you have a much better chance of not only finishing the job, but finishing it well.
Here are some of the tools that you may need:
1. Drill – Either a power drill or cordless drill. Most professional installers and roofers prefer cordless drills and use them as their main tool of choice. The main advantages are:
• No power cords, thus making them less obtrusive and safer
• A variable clutch setup, allowing you to adjust the torque setting for the various sized screws
Please note: Get a cordless drill with enough capacity to do the job. A drill that comes with 2 batteries is also more convenient.
2. Screw or Tek gun – Again, in corded or cordless varieties. These are specifically made for fastening tek screws, which are used in many parts of carport kits.
3. Hammer Drill – for concrete drilling when you are using on-slab type brackets
4. Steel cut off saw and/or grinder
5. Left and right handed tin snips – buy good quality snips, it’s makes a big difference to the time taken and the level of finish on carport kits
6. Tape Measure
7. Various Sockets and Spanners
8. Rivet Gun
9. Tape Measure
10. Spirit Level
11. Laser Level – you can hire these if you don’t want to buy one
12. Various drill and hex head bits
13. String and Chalk Lines
14. Ladders, Trestles, Scaffold, Scissor Lift or Duct Lift – these can also be hired for the job
15. Markers, Pens and Pencils
16. Silicone gun and silicone – for sealing of guttering etc.
17. Shovel or posthole digger – for digging the post holes or footings
18. Concrete – for those post holes or footings
19. Acro props or similar – an option, to aid with the posts and/or structure as the concrete sets
20. Safety Gear – This may be steel cap boots, ear muffs, safety eyewear, gloves and anything else you believe you need to make the job safe
And finally, make sure all safety precautions have been carried out before starting your project
So, now that you’ve got the right tools or know what you need, feel free to have a look around the site. If there is a carport kit you are interested in, simply fill out the enquiry form or contact us directly by calling Ph. 07 5525 1111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org